måndag, oktober 15, 2007

Inheritance or environment

Welcome to my first blog in english.

This weekend me and my mum started to laugth and then wondered, is it inherited or the enviromental? The issue that made us laught was the thing with second hand on "loppis". My mum visited me friday to saturday and the mission with the staturday was to go to this loppis and see if it was good or not. For me it was great! I found som stuff for a friend that recently moved to Linköping and had asked me to help him decorate (why spend a lot when you can spend just a litte and get something that is not massproduced for IKEA). I also finally found a painting that match my painting in the livingroom. The frame need some new paint but for 75SEK i can manage to do that ;) I also found a dress from the 60/70ies that match my hair perfectly, it was soooo expensive - 30SEK . This kind of shopping make me happy. I aslo bougth a birthday present (they also had som brand new stuff - homemade) and a saw that I missed for my household to be complete.

And now back to the question. I love this - auctions, loppis and other similar places. My mom and grand mum also do it. And the big thing that we are alike in is that we always see the potential in the thing we are looking at. The painting need a black/silver frame instead of brownish/silver. The dress is much better without the arms (already gone). The cristall vase I bougth for my friend will have some coloured sand in it and then a candle.
Is this kind of visualisation of the potential in products from enviroment or does it also have to do with inheritance?

3 kommentarer:

:) Jenny sa...

I think it's mostly coincidental. My brother and I grew up together and have the same parents. I love stuff, he doesn't. Our sister loves stuff, our mother loves stuff.

Perhaps you could argue that it's from social learning of the environment at home, where me and my sister liked all the stuff mom collected and my brother felt the need to revolt by going minimalistic?

Anonym sa...

Why english?

AC sa...

Eg inte något speciellt, kande för det. Efter att min blogg länkats till från en annan vän insåg jag att gemensamma vänner till oss som inte är svenskar kanske vill läsa och gjorde ett test. Får se om jag upprepar det eller återgår till svenska.